How to make CrossTab in Dashboards?
Crosstab can help you create multiple reports of different surveys/touchpoints inside a single dashboard. This is used for comparing different touch points or customising reports with multiple attributes. By virtue of this you won't need to do manual reporting and drill down data broken down into different cities, branches or other demographics as well as any business metrics.
This document will help you understand how to apply cross tabulation (or crosstab) on a SurveySensum survey from within the platform.
Note: To prevent any unwanted changes in crosstab, we have disabled the Autosave feature in the CrossTab section. Kindly save any changes you make to the report manually by clicking on the “Save Changes” button.
The following steps will help you create a Crosstab on a SurveySensum survey:
- After successfully completing a survey, sharing and receiving the responses, head over to the Dashboard section on the home screen and click on “CrossTab”.
- Click on the “Create CrossTab” button and a new report will be created. Click on the pencil icon on the top left to change the name of the report.
- Select the survey from which you want to use the data. All the surveys present in your account which have atleast one response including the archived surveys will be displayed in this section.
- Click on “Add” in the Questions section to add your question and select the method of distribution. For template surveys, like the NPS, you will also have the option to group by categories - promoters, detractors and passives.
- You can also apply filters on the selected questions based on any response on any of the questions as well as contact properties.
- Now, you have to select the breakdown of the following tabulation. Select the desired categorisation and the respective table will be displayed below as shown. Breakdown will be shown at the top of the table and question/categorisation on the left column.
- To save the report click on the “Save Changes” button.
- To add this report to any of your Dashboards, click on the “Add to dashboard” button and select the required dashboard.
Your Crosstab report is now added to the dashboard and ready to be shared.
Introduction to the Reports Tab The Reports Tab is one of the important dashboards under CX dashboards. You will see this tab in all SurveySensum templates like CSAT, CES, Star Rating. NPS helps you see where you are in the minds of your customers. ...
This document is created to describe step-by-step details to install SurveySensum Outlook plugin. With the Outlook Plugin you can add your designed survey in any of your emails. After creating a survey, you can embed it to your outlook emails with ...
How to integrate with third-party applications using SurveySensum API's
Use SurveySensum application for using open API's to integrate with third-party applications SurveySensum API helps you to integrate with your own application ecosystems such as CRM, HRM, and Helpdesk applications. It frees you from the ...
What Is Logic? Logic is used to make the survey more effective as it narrows down questions for your respondents based on your requirements. Logic allows you to hide certain questions for a specific set of audience based on the conditions you set up. ...
Commonly Used Tags
This article will help you in gaining knowledge about some of the most generic tags along with some industry specific tags. To tag any verbatim, the most important thing is to read the verbatim well and then create the tag. Once you tag 40-50 ...