A Tag is a keyword/label you can create and apply to texts for grouping them together. Once you apply tags to texts, then you can do filtering and run text and sentiment analysis.
All the team members can share the Tags, i.e. once a team member creates a tag, all the team members will be able to see and use it.
Creating a Tag and Adding it to a Verbatim is one step process, the steps for the same are given below:
- Go to the Train Tab from the Navigation bar.
- Identify/spot the text you would like to add a new tag to.
- Type in the name of the new tag in the empty box with the + symbol. Click the + or press enter.
- You have tagged the text successfully and can view this tag under the Manage Tag section.
- Click on Create New Tag button under Manage Tag section and type the name of the new tag in the empty box and press enter.
- Once you create the tag, you can apply that tag to any text matching your criteria.
Under Report Tab you can see:
- All the created tags
- Number of texts associated with each tag
- Percentages of texts linked with a specific tag
For making your life simpler, follow these things while defining tags for the first time
- Limit the number of tags and for best results, try to keep it less than 10 for the initial phase.
- Ensure that you have enough number of verbatims per tag. If you are not sure, then create the tag later on.
- Before categorizing verbatims, it's always recommended to analyze the data first. It's difficult to categorize or create tags unless you are not familiar with data.